Tags are so much fun to do, and I want to thank the lovely Alliee at Alliee Reads for tagging me.
- Answer all questions truthfully
- Nominate five other book bloggers
1. Which book did you most recently DNF?
I put up the good fight, but I could not finish “Weapons of Mass Diplomacy” by Abel Lanzac. It was well written and illustrated, but I could not get into the story, and it dragged and dragged. I finally patted myself on the back, wished it well, and moved on.
2. What book is your guilty pleasure?
This may come as no surprise to anyone reading my blog, but I have a thing for Mira Grant/Seanan Mcguire’s writing. The Newsflesh trilogy is one I pick up every year and plow through. It makes me so happy.
3. Which book would you throw into the sea?
That is a toss up. I loathe “Parable of the Sower.” I literally loathe it. No offense to Octavia Butler, but there is something about this story that makes me both angry and depressed and I would like to throw it into a tidal bore.
The second is “Into the Forest” by Jean Hegland. Hey look, wonderful strong characters facing hugely difficult odds? No. I spent much of the book thinking that the two girls were idiots.
4. Which book have you read the most?
Newsflesh and probably the entire October Daye series. I am predictable as hell.
5. Which book would you hate to receive as a present?
Don’t get me any exercise books or any self help books. I appreciate the thought, but my neurosis and weight are my own business. If I am interested in something like that, I will pick it up myself.
Also, Alliee mentions the Fifty Shades series. I am going to have to agree. Sorry, there are so many inaccuracies about both BDSM and characterization of people with traumatic pasts that it is disgusting. I have read them and I seriously spent most of the time saying “What in the fresh hell is this nonsense.”
6. Which books could you not live without?
Wow. This is a tough one.
I have a Six-star folder on my Goodreads. Each of the books affected me in entirely different ways and I don’t think I could live without any of them.
7. Which book made you the angriest?
OMG Anita Blake will you shut up and stop whining.
8. Which book made you cry the most?
“On The Beach” by Nevil Shute. Jesus. Maybe not crying, but abject and complete despair for a solid week. That is a rough book.
9. Which book cover do you hate the most?
I am coming up a blank. I don’t think I have ever looked at a cover and thought, “wow this is crap.” I have felt some seemed really low budget and could do with a facelift, but that is it.
- Mani at Mani’s Book Corner
- NS Ford at NS Ford Writer
- Shiv at Shiv Lives in Books
- Lauren at Northern Plunder
- Jessica at Book and Broadway
I can go on and on about wonderful people to tag, but here is five. No pressure!