Read 100 books. I set this goal for myself every year, and most years I have achieved it. Except for the year that my brain was fried from pregnancy. Stupid pregnancy brain.
Read 1 Graphic Novel or Comic from each decade from 1900 and on till now. There is a wealth of beautifully written work out there to discover, and all very stylistically different.
Participate in the Book Riot reading challenge. This looks like an excellent way to broaden my horizons. Here are the choices:
- An epistolary novel or collection of letters
- An alternate history novel
- A book by a woman and/or AOC (Author of Color) that won a literary award in 2018
- A humor book
- A book by a journalist or about journalism
- A book by an AOC set in or about space
- An #ownvoices book set in Mexico or Central America
- An #ownvoices book set in Oceania
- A book published prior to January 1, 2019, with fewer than 100 reviews on Goodreads
- A translated book written by and/or translated by a woman
- A book of manga
- A book in which an animal or inanimate object is a point-of-view character
- A book by or about someone that identifies as neurodiverse
- A cozy mystery
- A book of mythology or folklore
- A historical romance by an AOC
- A business book
- A novel by a trans or nonbinary author
- A book of nonviolent true crime
- A book written in prison
- A comic by an LGBTQIA creator
- A children’s or middle-grade book (not YA) that has won a diversity award since 2009
- A self-published book
- A collection of poetry published since 2014
If you would like to join me in some of these goals, please do!
Happy New Year!