This is an iconic song. As much as “Anyone else want to negotiate?” Or, “Multi-pass.” Which I still say in exactly Leelu’s tone of voice when it comes up. It is sad because only people about my age or older get the joke, which is hilarious because I am damn funny even if it is the 200th time I have said it during my mawage (oops switching movies), and people under my age don’t seem to be watching this iconic movie. This is a shame because it is space opera at its finest.
The original singer
The woman singing it in the movie.
The Diva Dance in Italian
- Il dolce suono mi colpì di sua voce!
- Ah, quella voce
- M’è qui nel cor discesa!
- Edgardo! Io ti son resa.
- Edgardo!Ah! Edgardo, mio!
- Si, ti son resa fuggita io son da’ tuoi nemici.
- Ah nemici!
- Un gelo mi serpeggia nel sen!
- Trema ogni fibra!
- Vacilla il piè!
- Presso la fonte meco t’assidi alquanto.
- Si, presso la fonte meco t’assidi.
The Diva Dance in English
- The sweet sound of his voice has caught me!
- Oh that voice
- is down here in my heart!
- Edgardo! I am yours.
- Edgardo!Oh my Edgardo!
- Yes, I am yours, I ran away from your enemies.
- Oh enemies!
- A froze is whirling in my breast!
- Every fibre is trembling!
- my feet are shaking!
- I will stick to the source a while
- Yes, close to the source I’ll be for a while.