The lovely Danielle at The Reading Closet said I should get involved in this, so here I am! Here are ten things you did not know about me:
- My name is Elizabeth, but I go by Beth. I live with my husband in Portland, Oregon. I have 1 dog who I swear is actually a cat and a wonderful hellion of a daughter.
- I have a degree in Landscape Architecture and worked as a landscape designer for many years on parks and hotels. Pretty much everything you can think of.
- Aside from my insane love of books, I love gardening. Like, love love love. Part of the reason I became a Landscape Architect in the first place. I even have my Master Gardner.
- I am also a lover of lists. If you look at my blog I have a list section, there is where I am systematically chipping away at all the great conical lists. It is slowwwww.
- I did a stint in the Americorp in my early 20’s and taught wildland fire education. I worked with Native Americans in various reservations on how to reduce wildfire on their land. Americorp is like the American Peace corp.
- I lived in Italy for 3 months as a student. I lived on a working vineyard, it was rough…so so rough
- I can juggle really well
- I speak basic German. Probably the equivalent of a 6-year-old. Mein Deutsch ist nicht gut. Ich arbeite daran. I am not even sure if I wrote that right lol.
- I am what is called anosmic. I have little to no sense of smell. My husband has hypersomia. Which is a increased sense of smell. Him and I make a weird pair when smelling things.
- I was raised in Las Vegas. No, I never lived in a hotel. yes, Las Vegas is a lot like the movies on the strip. But it is a huge and rather boring city for miles in all directions with a population of just over 2 million people. It is weirdly boring and during the summer is very akin to living on the surface of the sun. Ever had a burn from a seat belt buckle? I have.
My tags! I would love to get to know fellow bloggers. Paul at Paul’s Picks