I am never one to shy away from a bucket list or reading list of any sort or really.. anything numbered.
I feel like I haven’t been doing much of anything lately and that is rough on me psychologically. I suffer from “I need to get things done or my life is being wasted syndrome.” Followed closely by, “I’m tired and don’t want to get out of bed (depression)” and “I am to freaked out by the immensity of living that I am just going to curl up into the corner over here and rock back and forth (anxiety).” Basically it’s fun to do things, it’s fun to not be sad and it’s fun to be like, “I did that, I level up myself.” So I made a happy list that I will update regularly. Also, if anyone has any additions that I can add I would love that! I am all about trying stuff. If I end up trying it, ill write a post about it.
Eat at a food cart
- Do a food cart hop
- Do a bar hop
Get caught in a downpour on your way home.
- Float the river
Try worlds hottest fritter. try worlds largest pancake Swim in the Willamette
- Swim across the willamette
- Hike to the top of Multnomah Falls
Hike to the bridge at the falls
- Eat all the donuts..
- Have a Spanish coffee at Huber’s
- Go skiing in the summer
- Watch the sunset from the Bluffs
- Get lost in the corn maze on Sauvie Island
- Pick berries at sauvie island
Wake up hoarse from all the yelling and screaming at a concert. Understand, conceptually, how to make beer Complain about gentrification
- Eat two dozen wings at Whiskey Soda Lounge while waiting for a table at Pok Pok… and drink about half a dozen whiskey sours.
- Be “that guy” on a distillery tour
- See the Vaux’s Swifts fly into Chapman School
- Go to a strip club
- See the West Coast’s oldest drag queen
Talk your way out of getting fined on the MAX Read an entire book on the floor of Powell’s Smell the roses At the International Rose Test Garden. Poke around the Shanghai Tunnels
- Have an after-hours shot of fernet
- Listen to Elliott Smith while it’s raining
Visit the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry
- Have your “art” featured in a coffee shop
Visit the largest park in city limits: Forest Park Buy pot. Legally.
- See a local comedy show
- Visit the ZooLights
Visit Sunshine lights thing
- Visit the street of decorations
Judge the people in line at Voodoo Doughnut
- Get a tattoo.
- Watch porn with a crowdSure, Hump! Film Festival.
- Watch the sunrise from Mount Tabor
Watch the Naked Bike Ride Visit Pittock Mansion Visit the Japanese Garden Chinese Garden Rhododendron Garden
- Starks Vacuum Museum
Go to a brewpub Movie Theater See the smallest park in the world
- Take a picture under the keep portland weird sign
- Visit the Witches castle in Forest Park
- See the Jetliner in the woods
- Visit the Towering Redwood Grove
Visit Powells books
- Take a photo in the photo booth at Ace Hotel
Get a picture of the Paul Bunyan Statue Visit the set of the Goonies House Get Pictures of Castle Rock Ride the aerial Tram
- Visit Detention Liquor
- Play Dark Mini-golf
Visit the Belmont Goats
- Visit the Freakybutttrue Peculiarium
- Eat Dirty Fries at Lardos
Tacos at Por Que no Pancakes at slappy cakes
- Eat Pigeon at Le Pigeon
Eat ice cream at Salt and Straw
- High five the Unipiper
- Drink a flight of whiskey at Multnomah Whiskey Bar
Excerpts of the above list were taken from a few different sources and collated into something that works for me. All credit given to the original authors: