Thank you, Paul, over at Pauls Picks for being very supportive since I started this book blogging thing! And, also thank you for talking about such great books. It is increasing my TBR list tenfold.
1) WHERE DO YOU TYPICALLY WRITE YOUR BLOG POSTS?
Usually, at my desk in an office I share with my husband. I am surrounded by a ton of books, my drafting table, and craft stuff. It is my happy place.
2) HOW LONG DOES IT GENERALLY TAKE YOU TO WRITE A BOOK REVIEW?
Depends on the review and what I am trying to get across. Sometimes an hour, sometimes four. I have a review coming up for a graphic novel called 100 months that I rewrote 3 times and it took me two months of thinking. It is a crazy book.
3) WHEN DID YOU START YOUR BOOK BLOG?
I have had a blog since 2016, but I didn’t start writing book reviews till earlier this year and I didn’t start trying to meet the community on twitter and stuff till November. This is all pretty new to me.
4) WHAT IS THE WORST THING ABOUT HAVING A BOOK BLOG IN YOUR OPINION?
So, so many books I want to read and not enough time to read every single thing. We live in a golden age of writing and I want to read it all. Also, I focus a lot on graphic novels. They are passion of mine and not many people read them which is a shame and something I am trying to change.
5) WHAT IS THE BEST THING ABOUT HAVING A BOOK BLOG IN YOUR OPINION?
I get to wax philosophical about books whenever I want to.
6) WHAT BLOG POST HAVE YOU HAD THE MOST FUN WRITING SO FAR?
O’Children – The Orphans of Harry Potter
I love Nick Cave and Harry Potter. You can’t get better than that.
7) WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE TYPE OF BLOG POST TO WRITE?
Straight up book reviews. I love getting into the guts of a novel.
8) WHEN DO YOU TYPICALLY WRITE?
Whenever I can. I have a 4-year-old. It can be challenging.
9) DO YOU REVIEW EVERY BOOK YOU READ?
No. If I don’t have anything constructive or if it was just meh I am not going to review it. Authors don’t need me telling them that I thought their work was derivative or crap. I like to think that I am not an asshole.
10) HOW DO YOU WRITE YOUR BOOK REVIEWS? WITH A CUP OF COFFEE OR TEA? WITH NETFLIX? CUDDLED WITH YOUR FUR BABY?
I drink a ton of coffee. All…the…time.
11) WHEN DO YOU WRITE YOUR BOOK REVIEWS? RIGHT AFTER FINISHING THE BOOKS? TWO WEEKS AFTER FINISHING THE BOOK?
Always right after I finish or it might get too misty in my brain.
12) HOW OFTEN DO YOU POST?
I have posted almost every day since I got into twitter and things, but after the new year starts it will be M/T/TH/F/SA. Every day is impossible insanity to keep up for me.
Here are some lovely people I am tagging. No pressure.
Shohinee at Trails of Tails
Nicole at Nicole’s Notebook
Laurie at Laurie’s Bookshelf
Samantha at Fictionally Sam